Pet Discussion
Pet Forum - Discuss your pet and pet care with other pet lovers!
More Pet Forums - Bird Chirp - Horse Talk - Pet Discussion Blog
Fish Forum - Small Pets - Wild Animals - Twitter PetDiscussion - Pets Chat
Pet Stories - Online Pet Store - Pets Directory - Pet Memorials

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Itching (Read 1,623 times)
children11

I Love my pets!

Itching
Jul 22nd, 2012 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Our dog have been itching like crazy. She's been to the vet a few times for her itching. They gave her medication to help stop the itching twice and it worked but when she stopped the medication, the itching startd again. She's going to have an alergy test done in a couple weeks to see what she's alergic to.

I think it might be her food. She was on natrual balance but I wanted her on a senior (she's about 11 years old) dog food. The vet's office told me to put her on science diet. After reading so much about this food, I took her off science diet and started feeding her blue buffalo.

The vet's office said they don't think she has a food allegy. They think it's environmental and that switching her food before finding out what she's alergic to is a bad idea.

Why should I wait 2 weeks to try to help my dog from itching so much? I don't think changing her food is a big deal.

It's only been 3 days since I changed her food. If it is her food that is making her itch, how long before she should stop itching?

If it was environmental, I would think it would be seasonal and not year round.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Bernice

IP Logged

cromeo

I Love my dog

Re: Itching
Reply #1 - Jul 25th, 2012 at 1:56am
Print Post  
My dog gets a cortizone shot bout every 4 to 6 months, check that out...
good luck

IP Logged

Lora

I Love My Girls!

Re: Itching
Reply #2 - Aug 4th, 2012 at 6:39am
Print Post  
I have 4 shih tzus and they are itchy too.  I have discovered it is because they are allergic to fleas.  I raise them naturally, no chemicals at all and I home cook their food.  I use lavender essential oil on them for the itching and it helps alot.  I apply it often but it is better (to me) than using chemicals.  Lemongrass and Eucalyptus are also good for itchies.

Lora
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Pet Discussion Forum

More Pet Forums
Bird Chirp - Horse Talk
Fish Forum - Small Pets - Wild Animals - Pet Stories
Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6 - Page 7 - Pet Discussion Blog
Pets Directory - List your site
Twitter PetDiscusion
Pets Chat Room
Pets News and Tips
Pet Memorials
Online Pet Store - Pet Meds
Yard Forum
My Pet Photos
Pets Blog
Pet Discussion Boards
Advertise
Member Rules - Privacy Policy, Information about PetDiscussion.com
Get your own professional diagnosis, treatment and care options for your pets. Views posted on this forum are for educational purposes and not intended to be expert advice for care of your pets. Opinions of members is not necessarily the views of this forum.