Treat your pet to Omaha Steaks Pet Treats!

Pet Discussion
Pet Forum - Discuss your pet and pet care with other pet lovers!
More Pet Forums - Bird Chirp - Horse Talk - Pet Discussion Blog
Fish Forum - Small Pets - Wild Animals - Twitter PetDiscussion - Pets Chat
Pet Stories - Online Pet Store - Pets Directory - Pet Memorials

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Suggestions for cat? (Read 1,297 times)
sandygerish680

I Love my pets!

Suggestions for cat?
Nov 21st, 2011 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
My cat likes going out early in the morning, and he stays out until very late at night. My family didn't mind it in the warmer weather, but now that it's getting colder, and darker, we're always up at all hours waiting for him to come home. He doesn't wear a collar. (I tried to put a collar on him once; cheap nylon thing--it took him the whole day to nibble through it). We live on a busy road, and there's always the thought of him going in the front and getting run over (at least that was the case when I first brought him home). He does go in the front a few times in the morning (that I'm aware of), but ever since he was a kitten and went near the road, the noise of the cars scared him, and he's stayed away from the road ever since. I am wondering how to convert him into an indoor cat. But how does one go about doing this after four years?

Also, how can we help him make up his mind on coming in or staying outside? Since it's getting colder, we keep the door to the house closed. When Kitty finally comes in, we shut the back door. After a full day of playing outside, and entering our breezeway, Kitty wants in the house. He paws at the door, but then he stands half in and half out. We're getting a little tired of the "in-out" game. (Can anyone say Rum Tum Tugger?) After several minutes, he finally comes in, only to want to play the "in-out" game again after he eats.

IP Logged

Pet Discussion
Forum Administrator

Pet Discussion, because
we speak for our pets!

Re: Suggestions for cat?
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Give the cat an indoor window to look out of? May give that a try.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Pet Discussion Forum

More Pet Forums
Bird Chirp - Horse Talk
Fish Forum - Small Pets - Wild Animals - Pet Stories
Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6 - Page 7 - Pet Discussion Blog
Pets Directory - List your site
Twitter PetDiscusion
Pets Chat Room
Pets News and Tips
Pet Memorials
Online Pet Store - Pet Meds
Yard Forum
My Pet Photos
Pets Blog
Pet Discussion Boards
Advertise
Member Rules - Privacy Policy, Information about PetDiscussion.com
Get your own professional diagnosis, treatment and care options for your pets. Views posted on this forum are for educational purposes and not intended to be expert advice for care of your pets. Opinions of members is not necessarily the views of this forum.