Treat your pet to Omaha Steaks Pet Treats!

Pet Discussion
Pet Forum - Discuss your pet and pet care with other pet lovers!
More Pet Forums - Bird Chirp - Horse Talk - Pet Discussion Blog
Fish Forum - Small Pets - Wild Animals - Twitter PetDiscussion - Pets Chat
Pet Stories - Online Pet Store - Pets Directory - Pet Memorials

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Firle's Barn Update (Read 1,707 times)
ajaybali

I Love my pets!

Firle's Barn Update
Apr 11th, 2011 at 3:54am
Print Post  
So, no pics cause nothing has started yet but great news! The barn that Firle lives at and I work at one day a week to pay her board belongs to a friend of mine. I will try to make this as short as possible:)

We turned this dump of a farm totally around. The place was used as a car graveyard pretty much and looked horrible. We helped him build the 7 stall barn with tack and feed and shavings stalls. Plus we put up the outdoor ring, started with a small pasture and then when we got more horses, built a larger pasture. We have helped him do hay each summer, etc along with a total redo of the house and grounds.

Now, he has decided to put up another barn with 12 stalls and.........................................AN INDOOR!!!!!! WOOHOO!! This barn would be for full board boarders only, as I said our little 7 stall barn is his and our friends' horses for which we work for our board. It will be either attached to our barn or not far from the back door of it. He plans for overhangs on the side of the new barn to park the equiptment we use i.e. tractor, utv, 4 wheeler, etc. We will have to make more pastures, obviously with 12 more horses, but he plans to get the 40+ acres next door and clear almost the whole thing for pasture!! He has 49 acres now but the barns, house, current pasture and hay fields are part of this. The current pasture is rather small for 7 horses, but they were all in small dirt paddocks at the old barn we were at with no grass so this is still a step up. SO EXCITED though! I know it will take a while for all this to happen but it is going ot be awesome! To have an indoor again and be able to ride all winter and not freeze is going to be great!

I will try and take pics on Sunday when I am out there of what we have now to show you.

IP Logged

thomas20

I Love my pets!

Re: Firle's Barn Update
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2011 at 7:36am
Print Post  
Small barns are flexible, inexpensive to build, and look great in the countryside.. Nice updates Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Pet Discussion Forum

More Pet Forums
Bird Chirp - Horse Talk
Fish Forum - Small Pets - Wild Animals - Pet Stories
Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6 - Page 7 - Pet Discussion Blog
Pets Directory - List your site
Twitter PetDiscusion
Pets Chat Room
Pets News and Tips
Pet Memorials
Online Pet Store - Pet Meds
Yard Forum
My Pet Photos
Pets Blog
Pet Discussion Boards
Advertise
Member Rules - Privacy Policy, Information about PetDiscussion.com
Get your own professional diagnosis, treatment and care options for your pets. Views posted on this forum are for educational purposes and not intended to be expert advice for care of your pets. Opinions of members is not necessarily the views of this forum.