Treat your pet to Omaha Steaks Pet Treats!

Pet Discussion
Pet Forum - Discuss your pet and pet care with other pet lovers!
More Pet Forums - Bird Chirp - Horse Talk - Pet Discussion Blog
Fish Forum - Small Pets - Wild Animals - Twitter PetDiscussion - Pets Chat
Pet Stories - Online Pet Store - Pets Directory - Pet Memorials

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Cichlid Advice (Read 3,717 times)
prittykitty

I Love my pets!

Cichlid Advice
Dec 14th, 2010 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Hey all!

If you're thinking about getting into cichlid keeping, this is a very good resource for you. Have fun!

Cichlid Guide

I noticed there are a few goldfish posts on here... They are devil fish. trust me I've tried keeping goldfish for about 1 1/2 years in my 50 gallon and I had to replace them religiously every 2 months. I've got this incredible cichlid family now and they are WAY hardier then goldfish. More fun too since they move around alot and they even jump out of the water to nibble my fingertips when I feed them!

Look at those beauties!  Roll Eyes

Uh-oh Scorpio scorpioinfo.com!
IP Logged

Minerva Yates

Re: Cichlid Advice
Reply #1 - Mar 23rd, 2011 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
You have a beautiful tank!

Owning your own cichlid is fun. As you collect more of these fishes, you can learn firsthand about their nature and behavior. In the process of raising cichlids, you have to consider how to take care of them well and it starts in providing them a cichlid fish tank they can call home.

Any advice on cichlid care and maintenance would instruct you to make the cichlid aquarium as close to their original habitat as possible. This includes putting rocks and plants in the aquarium.

In addition, using other paraphernalia to help your pet fishes adapt well to the aquarium habitat is also essential. At the top of the list is the cichlid fish tank which serves as the second home of your beloved fishes.

The fish tank that would best fit your cichlid's needs is not gauged by its brand or its manufacturer. Rather, it is primarily dependent on the size and the shape of the tank you will purchase. Prior to buying a fish tank for your cichlids, it is best to determine how many pet fishes you will put in your aquarium.

Free Drug Card for Pets
Save money on prescriptions for your pet!
Best of all the card is FREE!
www.thefreedrugcardsiteforpets.com
IP Logged

chenacross
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 6th, 2011 at 8:29am
Print Post  
Wow ..! cute it is !!

fish tanks

IP Logged

prittykitty

I Love my pets!

Reply #3 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Well, it's been a few years since I last posted here, ,my tank certainly looks very different now then it used to.

I had a heater short on me last year and it killed them all. I was very sad and decided to go with the Eheim filter as it's much better quality then ,my department store one before.

I also re-stocked my tank and it's very different now, using Photoshop I added a really good species list which so happens to have all cichlid species I have in my tank. http://cichlidadvice.com/african-cichlid-species.htm Click there to see it, also I detailed the list telling everyone what to expect from their personalities and behavior.

After having these guys stocked for a year I can tell you that the descriptions are very accurate since I see them every day. That's my update for now, have a great week everyone!

Uh-oh Scorpio scorpioinfo.com!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Pet Discussion Forum

More Pet Forums
Bird Chirp - Horse Talk
Fish Forum - Small Pets - Wild Animals - Pet Stories
Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6 - Page 7 - Pet Discussion Blog
Pets Directory - List your site
Twitter PetDiscusion
Pets Chat Room
Pets News and Tips
Pet Memorials
Online Pet Store - Pet Meds
Yard Forum
My Pet Photos
Pets Blog
Pet Discussion Boards
Advertise
Member Rules - Privacy Policy, Information about PetDiscussion.com
Get your own professional diagnosis, treatment and care options for your pets. Views posted on this forum are for educational purposes and not intended to be expert advice for care of your pets. Opinions of members is not necessarily the views of this forum.