Treat your pet to Omaha Steaks Pet Treats!

Pet Discussion
Pet Forum - Discuss your pet and pet care with other pet lovers!
More Pet Forums - Bird Chirp - Horse Talk - Pet Discussion Blog
Fish Forum - Small Pets - Wild Animals - Twitter PetDiscussion - Pets Chat
Pet Stories - Online Pet Store - Pets Directory - Pet Memorials

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Bunnies? (Read 4,114 times)
Freckles22

I Love my pets!

Bunnies?
May 10th, 2010 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Hey everyone! I'm new and I thought I'd sign-up for a pet forum just incase I needed to ask some questions. I have a rabbit named Freckles. He is so cute! If anyone has any tips for a new bunny owner please tell me!  Smiley

IP Logged

chezmuffin

I Love my pets!

Re: Bunnies?
Reply #1 - May 20th, 2010 at 7:46am
Print Post  
Bunnies make adorable pets. Just remember how quiet they are and only squeek if terrified. Its easy for young children in charge of them to forget about their care because unlike a dog or cat they won't let you know if their food ran out. Being rabbits' teeth are always growing make sure you keep nontoxic wood available for them to chew. My rabbits loved fresh greens from my yard such as dandelion, plantain, pigweed, chickweed, garden kale. Just make sure they're not sprayed with pesticide. Lettuce can give rabbits diarrehea so only a little. If your bunny lives indoors and you let him run around, watch him carefully cause he will chew on anything including electrical wires. If your bunny lives outside remember they cannot tolerate heat very well. Make sure the cage is protected and ventilated. Also, the more you handle him from little on up the less chance he'll be a biter. Have fun

IP Logged

alldogsgo2heaven

I Love my pets!

Reply #2 - Sep 22nd, 2010 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Great tips! I also want to add that bunnies can be litter box trained very easily and they have special rabbit litter boxes that fit into a corner. It is best if they are indoor pets because the outdoors can be very dangerous for them. Keep your bunny happy by providing fresh food, clean water and a clean cage and litter box every day. Rabbits can live for a long time if you take care of them. Good luck!

chezmuffin wrote on May 20th, 2010 at 7:46am:
Bunnies make adorable pets. Just remember how quiet they are and only squeek if terrified. Its easy for young children in charge of them to forget about their care because unlike a dog or cat they won't let you know if their food ran out. Being rabbits' teeth are always growing make sure you keep nontoxic wood available for them to chew. My rabbits loved fresh greens from my yard such as dandelion, plantain, pigweed, chickweed, garden kale. Just make sure they're not sprayed with pesticide. Lettuce can give rabbits diarrehea so only a little. If your bunny lives indoors and you let him run around, watch him carefully cause he will chew on anything including electrical wires. If your bunny lives outside remember they cannot tolerate heat very well. Make sure the cage is protected and ventilated. Also, the more you handle him from little on up the less chance he'll be a biter. Have fun

IP Logged

kzhen8

I Love my pets!

Reply #3 - Sep 1st, 2011 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Does anyone know if bunnies and puppies get along? I have a puppy, but been wanting a bunny. I just don't know if they'll quarrel and cause problems.

IP Logged

miah

I Love my pets!

Reply #4 - Sep 8th, 2011 at 7:56am
Print Post  
I love bunnies alot.They are too cute.I must suggest you to buy a big sized pet cage for him so that he can move easily and must feed him with all quality food to make him healthy.
Pet Cages
Pet Products Cheesy

IP Logged

HelloKitty_PuppyLuv

I Love my pets!

Reply #5 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
When it comes to rabbit care, be sure to provide them with a proper diet as well as hay to munch on. Their teeth constantly grow, which is why many rabbits are seen constantly chewing in order to control and maintain their teeth and prevent over growth. This is why Timothy Hay is typically a staple within a [url="http://www.petco.com/product/116476/Midwest-Wabbitat-Rabbit-Cage.aspx"]rabbit cage[/url]. Also, regardless of what you see on television, carrots aren't typically the best for rabbits.. While they can be given as an occasional treat, they do NOT suffice as a part of a meal. Also, make sure that they have access to plenty of water so they do not become dehydrated.

...Save a life or two.. Adopt a pet! Smiley

IP Logged

Bodikus

Pet Lover

Reply #6 - Apr 26th, 2012 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Can anyone breeds of rabbits? My daughter wants. Write me.

Veterinary supplies for your dog.
IP Logged

prittykitty

I Love my pets!

Reply #7 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
I love bunnies, very cute name by the way.

My advice tips:

1. Keep them away from electrical cords!

2. The more you snuggle with them, the more they love you.

Uh-oh Scorpio scorpioinfo.com!
IP Logged

Lordie

I Love my pets!

Reply #8 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 4:43am
Print Post  
They love cornflakes! (or at least mine do ...)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Pet Discussion Forum

More Pet Forums
Bird Chirp - Horse Talk
Fish Forum - Small Pets - Wild Animals - Pet Stories
Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6 - Page 7 - Pet Discussion Blog
Pets Directory - List your site
Twitter PetDiscusion
Pets Chat Room
Pets News and Tips
Pet Memorials
Online Pet Store - Pet Meds
Yard Forum
My Pet Photos
Pets Blog
Pet Discussion Boards
Advertise
Member Rules - Privacy Policy, Information about PetDiscussion.com
Get your own professional diagnosis, treatment and care options for your pets. Views posted on this forum are for educational purposes and not intended to be expert advice for care of your pets. Opinions of members is not necessarily the views of this forum.