Treat your pet to Omaha Steaks Pet Treats!

Pet Discussion
Pet Forum - Discuss your pet and pet care with other pet lovers!
More Pet Forums - Bird Chirp - Horse Talk - Pet Discussion Blog
Fish Forum - Small Pets - Wild Animals - Twitter PetDiscussion - Pets Chat
Pet Stories - Online Pet Store - Pets Directory - Pet Memorials

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic !!HELP Madly In Love Male Parakeet!! (Read 3,064 times)
Fantasy_Girl

I Love PetDiscussion.com

!!HELP Madly In Love Male Parakeet!!
Mar 31st, 2009 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
Hi I need HELP!
I have two parakeets, a male and a female. I think the male is feeling the season change and is madly in love with the female. But the female won't give him a second glance. I would love for him to be able to win her as I think it would be a great experience to breed them. Is there any way I can help him along as well as encourage her to give him a chance?  He is so sweet and cute, making these cute little chirps, bobbing up and down, and trying to feed her. And while she is occasionally accepting food she mostly responds to this affection with a harsh peck. However he has not given up and has remained consistent. PLEASE HELP! THANKS!

IP Logged

MikeB

I love Max - My little
puppy

Re: !!HELP Madly In Love Male Parakeet!!
Reply #1 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Parakeet breeding basics. Decorate the cage with wooden box, a wooden concave circle, pine shaving,  Place cuttlebone, iodine salt spool and mineral block in the cage. Set a water tube for water supply and a Jar feeder.

IP Logged

HelloKitty_PuppyLuv

I Love my pets!

Re: !!HELP Madly In Love Male Parakeet!!
Reply #2 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
I agree with MikeB. When it comes to encouraging birds to breed/mate, it's always best to set the mood by providing them with an environment that will make them feel more comfortable. My father would always make sure that there is a nesting box (preferably wooden) in the cage along with nesting material. Also, just like MikeB suggested.. make sure to give them a cuttlebone. This will help by supplementing the female with the calcium needed for proper egg development. Hope this helps! Good luck!!

...Save a life or two.. Adopt a pet! Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Pet Discussion Forum

More Pet Forums
Bird Chirp - Horse Talk
Fish Forum - Small Pets - Wild Animals - Pet Stories
Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6 - Page 7 - Pet Discussion Blog
Pets Directory - List your site
Twitter PetDiscusion
Pets Chat Room
Pets News and Tips
Pet Memorials
Online Pet Store - Pet Meds
Yard Forum
My Pet Photos
Pets Blog
Pet Discussion Boards
Advertise
Member Rules - Privacy Policy, Information about PetDiscussion.com
Get your own professional diagnosis, treatment and care options for your pets. Views posted on this forum are for educational purposes and not intended to be expert advice for care of your pets. Opinions of members is not necessarily the views of this forum.