Treat your pet to Omaha Steaks Pet Treats!

Pet Discussion
Pet Forum - Discuss your pet and pet care with other pet lovers!
More Pet Forums - Bird Chirp - Horse Talk - Pet Discussion Blog
Fish Forum - Small Pets - Wild Animals - Twitter PetDiscussion - Pets Chat
Pet Stories - Online Pet Store - Pets Directory - Pet Memorials

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) which one is better? (Read 17,409 times)
jv17
Ex Member

which one is better?
Aug 21st, 2008 at 9:53am
Print Post  

IP Logged

youbetcha1018

Re: which one is better?
Reply #1 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Cute! Smiley I like the white one more. It's called an albino, right?

IP Logged

maimai

I Love PetDiscussion.com

Reply #2 - Dec 14th, 2008 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Yeah yeah, I think the white is very nice because I seldom see it. I have just seen it through television and magazine, not in real life. Shocked

IP Logged

sirilucky
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2009 at 8:30am
Print Post  
How about these!!!

IP Logged

romme

I Love PetDiscussion.com

Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2009 at 7:02am
Print Post  

pictures on canvas

Since the advent of photography, it has been negated by most as an artform with the ludicrous thought that all you have to do is aim the camera and push the shutter, photography is always mentioned as being separate from art.

The reality is that photography is as much an artform as painting or any other form of expression or communication.

In many ways, photography and painting are very similar, in other ways they are very different. Both have their inherent challenges, but photography can be as difficult as painting and sometimes more so. Each is a two dimensional creation, each uses composition and design and each takes varying amounts of time to create. Like painting, photography is a very lonely, solitary profession, only one person at a time can create a photograph, only one person at a time can look through the viewfinder, only one person at a time can make the final print with all the decisions that entails.

Painting starts with a blank canvas, a palette of paints, a brush, and the artist's skill. Painting requires the artist to create or copy from life, or from his/her imagination. A painter is free to choose which elements in the world excites him and which will be used or discarded from the paintings.

The photographer is challenged by the entire world. Photography is a process of selection and elimination much more than painting. One cannot move a tree that is in the way, so one has to use the viewfinder to find and select the best composition to include the tree in the picture. It's also a process of waiting for the right thing to happen, as in reportage, for the animal to make himself seen as in wildlife, waiting for just the right light as in nature.

Photography is a process of creating the light with artificial means if it's too dark or when shooting in the studio. It's a process of interacting with models and actors to achieve a look, a feeling, an emotion. It's a process of looking for the unusual, from point of view to detail, of being aware of all the things in life that we pass by every day and making the viewer notice them. A wall is not a wall, it's brick and mortar, it's stucco and graffiti, it's tiny insects who make their homes in the nooks and crevices, it's the mountain for a vine to climb, it's the prop for a man to lean on… and on and on.

All aspects are inter-dependent on each other. A teacher of mine once said, "photography is one thousand little easy things, but you have to be on top of all of them at the same time, miss one and there goes the shot."
Just like in painting, only the imagination limits the scope and just like in painting, the photographer who can and does create the entire scenario by starting with a blank background and adding and arranging props and or models/actors to create and illustrate his idea.

In fact, some feel, and I’m one of those, that just like in painting, the purest creations are those done in that manner, starting from scratch and creating the entire photograph or painting from the mind.

Painting requires technical dexterity to draw with a pencil, paint with a brush, mix the colors so that they emulate the ones from real life, or to form a shape on the canvas. Photography requires technical expertise in a more technological manner, chemistry, physics, as well as manual dexterity for focusing, camera angle, changing aperture, etc.

Responsibilities are different as well, photography is perceived as reality, the cliché: "the camera does not lie", gives people expectations that the photographer must deal with. Painters are expected to "invent" or create the world in which they work.

Photography should be considered as a three phased process:
1. Taking or "making" the picture.

I want to emphasize the idea that "Amateurs TAKE pictures, pros MAKE them", particularly in the arts. Unless the photographer makes his own prints hands on, he is not an artist, but a commercial photographer.

2. Developing the film.

There is much control in chemistry, it is agreed that the technology of color film processing is so refined as to require most photographers to have color film developed by labs, but there is more variety of film/developer combinations in black and white that require the photographer to keep control of that aspect of the work. For example, contrast, tonality and grain are affected not only by the chemistry, but by the temperature of the chemistry, the amount of time in the developer, the agitation during development, etc.

Digital photography is no different except that with the computer and the software available, the photographer now has not only all the time in the world to “expose” the print, but he has a multitude of effects that he did not have in the traditional “wet” darkroom.

It must be said that most of those effect should be left alone, they do not all enhance a picture and many detract from it and are responsible for some photographs these days being all technique and no aesthetics.

3. Printing.

There is no question that whether black and white or color, an artist MUST print his/her own work. Only in commercial photography is the use of a lab or assistant acceptable. The decisions as to what and where to dodge and burn in, crop, color filtrations, whether overall or selective, all must be made by the photographer. When printed by the photographer, each print, no matter how careful the photographer is, will have subtle differences which make eac

IP Logged

jeevadebo

I Love PetDiscussion.com

Reply #5 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 3:50am
Print Post  
its really nice i like white one looking great Smiley

thanks

Puppy Potty Training - Do's Puppy potty training

IP Logged

zina8897

I Love PetDiscussion.com

Reply #6 - Nov 23rd, 2009 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
aww! cute!  Grin

&& &&&&PLEASE CLICK!!^^

IP Logged

ricky_ponting

I Love PetDiscussion.com

Reply #7 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
Muahhhh ........i like the white tiger as they are rare on earth .

IP Logged

MeetMolly

I Love my pets!

Reply #8 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Definitely the white one Smiley

IP Logged

penguin20

I Love my pets!

Reply #9 - Jun 28th, 2010 at 1:24am
Print Post  
They are really cute!

Albino Tiger, tend to be larger both at birth and at full adult size.

White tigers have been known to inhabit many parts of East Asia, including India and China. However, their current range has been much reduced due to excessive poaching.

IP Logged

whitney01

I Love my pets!

Reply #10 - Jul 14th, 2010 at 3:40am
Print Post  
I like the other pic more than the first one. They are cuter and their colors for me is nicer.

IP Logged

joshuaty2010

I Love my pets!

Reply #11 - Dec 8th, 2010 at 11:09am
Print Post  
White i guess is perfect as it always looks nice and cute.

no spam please
IP Logged

Minerva Yates

Reply #12 - Mar 21st, 2011 at 11:33am
Print Post  
Wow sirilucky! i love them  Grin

Free Drug Card for Pets
Save money on prescriptions for your pet!
Best of all the card is FREE!
www.thefreedrugcardsiteforpets.com
IP Logged

AlvinCampbell

I Love my pets!

Reply #13 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 2:47am
Print Post  
I like white tiger most Albino Tiger, tend to be larger both at birth and at full adult size. Thanks for sharing.

IP Logged

kabonm

I Love my pets!

Reply #14 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 4:27am
Print Post  
like white tiger most Albino Tiger, tend to be larger both at birth and at full adult size.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Pet Discussion Forum

More Pet Forums
Bird Chirp - Horse Talk
Fish Forum - Small Pets - Wild Animals - Pet Stories
Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6 - Page 7 - Pet Discussion Blog
Pets Directory - List your site
Twitter PetDiscusion
Pets Chat Room
Pets News and Tips
Pet Memorials
Online Pet Store - Pet Meds
Yard Forum
My Pet Photos
Pets Blog
Pet Discussion Boards
Advertise
Member Rules - Privacy Policy, Information about PetDiscussion.com
Get your own professional diagnosis, treatment and care options for your pets. Views posted on this forum are for educational purposes and not intended to be expert advice for care of your pets. Opinions of members is not necessarily the views of this forum.