Treat your pet to Omaha Steaks Pet Treats!

Pet Discussion
Pet Forum - Discuss your pet and pet care with other pet lovers!
More Pet Forums - Bird Chirp - Horse Talk - Pet Discussion Blog
Fish Forum - Small Pets - Wild Animals - Twitter PetDiscussion - Pets Chat
Pet Stories - Online Pet Store - Pets Directory - Pet Memorials

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What kind of exotic animal you don't want to have (Read 14,842 times)
Ivan

I Love my pets!

Re: What kind of exotic animal you don't want to have
Reply #15 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
i think that have a wild animal or try to domesticate one o this species leads some risk although it might seem funny, any wild animal could be attractive for somebody so the people use to hunt them or catch to exhibition or other activity but more attractive would be better if the human care their environment and the specie. people should learn and be more concious about the wild animal prohibiting hunting or them out of their environment. Wink

IP Logged

PETANIM.com

I Love my pets!

Reply #16 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 9:19am
Print Post  
The Hyacinthine Macaw is stunning to say the least. Their beautiful, impressive blue color really stands out because they are the largest of all the Macaws, reaching 40 inches in length and 1.4 to 1.7 kg. in weight.................http://www.petanim.com/10208/msutton/absolutely-gorgeous-hyacinthine-macaw/

IP Logged

Tierra

I Love my pets!

Reply #17 - Mar 1st, 2011 at 8:48am
Print Post  
I don't like snakes because they eat mice and guinea pigs  Sad Cry

IP Logged

edwardsanimalcare

remember this is just
my oponion

Reply #18 - Mar 6th, 2011 at 6:37am
Print Post  
i suggest you dont own any exotic animals such as big cats ,posionious snakes, or monitors, or dragons. as someone who has worked in a zoo and who has had many of these types of animals in my home. it cost alot of money to house these animals properly because safe guards have to be installed and not even mentioning the cost of food. most of these animals call for a specfic diet . you can not just serve them cat or dog food and road kill. unless you know what you are doing please dont cause the animals to suffer

working hard everyday to improve animals lives

IP Logged

Minerva Yates

Reply #19 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
I would like to breed a jelly fish  Grin Jellyfish are quickly becoming a new trend in personal aquariums.

Free Drug Card for Pets
Save money on prescriptions for your pet!
Best of all the card is FREE!
www.thefreedrugcardsiteforpets.com
IP Logged

edwardsanimalcare

remember this is just
my oponion

Reply #20 - Mar 30th, 2011 at 5:42am
Print Post  
It is a shame that people want to pocess cobras and big cats. it cost about $750.00 dollars a week to feed and house a big cat .that is not including the vet bills. dont let these majestic animals suffer just because you want to own one. not to mention most owners of big cats that have no experience caring for them are killed by them and then the cat gets destroyed.
           as far as cobras go ask the guy in Spartanburg SC how he faired with his cobra trying to get it to hood up of his child so he could take a picture. Oh you cant he died. leave exotics alone if you have no experience in caring for them. it is not fair to the animal nor to you. and the life you save just may be your own.

working hard everyday to improve animals lives

IP Logged

beba

:)

Reply #21 - Apr 18th, 2011 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Cockroaches!

IP Logged

bugs

I Love my pets!

Reply #22 - May 18th, 2011 at 3:49am
Print Post  
I suggest not getting a sugar glider. They are very cute, but very mean. Even though they're little, they are very scary. They get on their hindlegs, hiss and bark. Its quite creepy! They are very hard work. As is any animal, but they are MUCH more work than a hamster or guinea... Although they look similar, they are not. Very different personalities and needs. You can only feed them fruits and veggies. They need heat. LARGE cages with horizontal bars and many levels. They also need lots of one on one time to become well behaved. Which is much harder than it sounds since they are very aggressive. I've had one and sadly it died in 1 month out of nowhere. No warning either. It ate and behaved the same up until its last day. Apparently its because he needed company from another sugar glider. BUT, they cost a lot of money for one. Let alone two or more. Just not a very friendly, loyal pet and hard to keep alive. Should not have been legalized! They need to be in the wild.

Nonetheless, RIP Yoda! You were so cute! I wish things would have went differently. Clearly I wasn't cut out for the job.

Yoda.jpg (Attachment deleted | 148 Downloads )

IP Logged

shop_pet

I Love my pets!

Reply #23 - Jul 6th, 2011 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
SNAKE! I really hate them so much. Its venom can kill you.

IP Logged

kathycurtis

I Love my pets!

Reply #24 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 4:14am
Print Post  
I really am scared of reptiles! Snake in particular!

IP Logged

Mikelowe

I Love my pets! They are
part of my family.

Reply #25 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 6:02am
Print Post  
I don't those big and strong animals like chimps, tigers, or gorillas. They can be very destructive if out of your control.

IP Logged

lwyatt

I Love my pets!

Reply #26 - May 15th, 2012 at 1:53am
Print Post  
Though I know that there are a lot of enthusiasts that are surely loving their own animals and pets, I am not too enticed by the idea of having a snake at my home. Yes, I know that the venom could be eliminated and bites could be mainly simple woulds but I am not quite sure the whole idea settles with me just right.  It's just like you are always on your own when you are with snakes and all the more that is make walking on thin ice a regular fashion.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Pet Discussion Forum

More Pet Forums
Bird Chirp - Horse Talk
Fish Forum - Small Pets - Wild Animals - Pet Stories
Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6 - Page 7 - Pet Discussion Blog
Pets Directory - List your site
Twitter PetDiscusion
Pets Chat Room
Pets News and Tips
Pet Memorials
Online Pet Store - Pet Meds
Yard Forum
My Pet Photos
Pets Blog
Pet Discussion Boards
Advertise
Member Rules - Privacy Policy, Information about PetDiscussion.com
Get your own professional diagnosis, treatment and care options for your pets. Views posted on this forum are for educational purposes and not intended to be expert advice for care of your pets. Opinions of members is not necessarily the views of this forum.