Pet Discussion
Pet Forum - Discuss your pet and pet care with other pet lovers!
More Pet Forums - Bird Chirp - Horse Talk - Pet Discussion Blog
Fish Forum - Small Pets - Wild Animals - Twitter PetDiscussion - Pets Chat
Pet Stories - Online Pet Store - Pets Directory - Pet Memorials

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic hamsters (Read 2,233 times)
4_pets_in_1_house

I Love PetDiscussion.com

hamsters
Jun 16th, 2008 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
i gust got a new hamster andneed help

IP Logged

youbetcha1018

Re: hamsters
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
Breed for you- Syrains! There are calm.loving friendly. Background
Hamsters were first discovered in Syria, but they are native to many parts of the world. The name they go by today is derived from the German word “hamstern,” which means “hoard”—because that is exactly what they do with any extra food they might find. Although their downright cuteness makes them popular with prospective pet parents, these animals have some special requirements that must be met in order for them to be happy and healthy.

The most common pet hamster is the six-inch Syrian, also known as the golden hamster or teddy bear hamster. Syrians have a lifespan of two to three years. Dwarf species such as the Siberian, Roborovsky’s Djungarian, and Chinese are smaller than Syrians, at about two to three inches. They have an average lifespan of one to two years.

Although they’ve been viewed as the quintessential pet for kids, hamsters are nocturnal by nature—which does not fit well into a young child’s schedule. If you are up in the wee small hours or won’t be bothered by your pet’s nightly digging, scratching and wheel-running, a hamster may fit in nicely in your home.

IP Logged

sandy2008

I Love PetDiscussion.com

Reply #2 - Oct 17th, 2008 at 2:25am
Print Post  
Hamsters are rodents belonging to the subfamily Cricetinae. The subfamily contains about 18 species, classified in six or seven genera. Hamsters are crepuscular. In the wild. They are most active around dusk and dawn, which has led many people to mistake them for being nocturnal.
==========================================================
Sandy
Our  mission is to provide high quality end to end solutions to the BPO segment in a manner that will improve the operational efficiency while reducing the cost of the services to the client.
4thdimension1@gmail.com

IP Logged

workinandout

I love dogs

Reply #3 - Jan 25th, 2010 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
I had two hamsters I bought at the same time, a female and a mail. The female died and the male would not eat or drink and kept running in his wheel. I took the wheel away but he still would not eat. He eventually died. I guess he was sad.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Pet Discussion Forum

More Pet Forums
Bird Chirp - Horse Talk
Fish Forum - Small Pets - Wild Animals - Pet Stories
Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6 - Page 7 - Pet Discussion Blog
Pets Directory - List your site
Twitter PetDiscusion
Pets Chat Room
Pets News and Tips
Pet Memorials
Online Pet Store - Pet Meds
Yard Forum
My Pet Photos
Pets Blog
Pet Discussion Boards
Advertise
Member Rules - Privacy Policy, Information about PetDiscussion.com
Get your own professional diagnosis, treatment and care options for your pets. Views posted on this forum are for educational purposes and not intended to be expert advice for care of your pets. Opinions of members is not necessarily the views of this forum.