Pet Discussion
Pet Forum - Discuss your pet and pet care with other pet lovers!
More Pet Forums - Bird Chirp - Horse Talk - Pet Discussion Blog
Fish Forum - Small Pets - Wild Animals - Twitter PetDiscussion - Pets Chat
Pet Stories - Online Pet Store - Pets Directory - Pet Memorials

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Did your small pet ever sneak away? (Read 3,862 times)
Pet Discussion
Forum Administrator

Pet Discussion, because
we speak for our pets!

Did your small pet ever sneak away?
Oct 15th, 2007 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Did your small pet like a hamster or mice ever sneak away? Where did you find them hiding? Was it a strange place?

IP Logged

somanykitties
God Member

One can never have too
many cats!

Re: Did your small pet ever sneak away?
Reply #1 - Oct 18th, 2007 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
I had a hamster get out of his cage once.  We put food out by my dresser after we heard him scratching the wood underneath.  He came out when he got hungry and we were able to catch him.  We put a better hook on the cage door after that.   Wink  We had also rescued 2 wild baby rabbits once and they got out and found a way to get inside our walls.  We were able to get them out and soon afterwards they were old enough to set free.   Smiley

Within the heart of every stray...lies the singular desire to be loved

IP Logged

adriean

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Arnold
Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2007 at 2:51am
Print Post  
Somanykitties (luv ur name) I have a hamster named Arnold, found him last August and he was so tiny, now all of a sudden he has gotten so big and fat and yes he did get away and we found him in the birds cage.  It turns out we had bought the wrong cage he's our first hamster so this was all new to us. We had a rats cage and not a hamster cage I didn't know there was a difference.  Now he's bigger and I am not sure but I think he needs a bigger cage. I was thinking of getting a plexi glass 10 gallon tank with a 2 or 3 floor topper for the tank. What do you think? What do you feed you hammy, we give Arnold fresh vegetables like carrots and cauliflower and broccoli as well as hamster food, but do you know if they can have mushrooms. The little guys cute as a bugs ear, especially when he's in his ball running around like he owns the place. We really enjoy him as he chases the cats and dogs and they all run from him, they don't know what to think when they see him running around and boy can he run.

Adriean Cheesy

Adriean
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Bibi
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2007 at 9:43am
Print Post  
I would try a habitat.   They are not that expensive anymore and you can get the kind that you can keep on adding modules as time goes by.

IP Logged

somanykitties
God Member

One can never have too
many cats!

Reply #4 - Oct 21st, 2007 at 9:51am
Print Post  
Thanks, and the name really fits too.  haha  I agree with Bibi about getting a habitat.  Hamsters love them.  It has been a long long time since I had a hamster so I don't know about mushrooms.  You can most likely go to a good web site about hamsters and find a list of their favorites to eat.   When I had mine they loved veggies but I didn't feed them mushrooms so I don't know if they would even like them if they can have them.  They are great little pets and I loved mine.  The only drawback to having them is that they don't have a long lifespan.  The last hamster I had I had named BooBoo.  She was so sweet and I still miss her.  Again, try the habitats.  Like Bibi mentioned you can add to them and he could have a whole city to run in.  Smiley  Enjoy your baby!

Within the heart of every stray...lies the singular desire to be loved

IP Logged

adriean

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #5 - Oct 21st, 2007 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
I already thought of that but Arnold is too fat for a habitrail, so I have to think of something quick because he's getting bored in his cage.

Adriean

Adriean
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Bibi
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 22nd, 2007 at 8:47am
Print Post  
Get one meant for a larger species (like a guinea pig or even a chinchilla).  They are basically the same thing only the tubes that connect the modules have a larger circumference.  You can also try a cage meant for kittens, they are not as good as a habitat because they don't have the tunnels they enjoy so but they do have different levels and ladders connecting them.

IP Logged

TruLouDeb

I Love PetDiscussion.com

Reply #7 - Jun 23rd, 2008 at 12:15am
Print Post  
I have a small bunny that kept getting off her harness & leash I bought at the store. The harness was always to big or it was too tight against her neck & I thought it was cutting into her throat. I was searching around online for bunny harnesses & found this lady that makes them by hand. The harnesses she makes are very nice. She also makes them for all sorts of other small animals. What's really nice about them is that they cross on the belly/chest area and do not put pressure on the throat. My little lizzie has yet to escape it!
So I thought this may come in handy to other small pet owners. Sorry if it's not. I'm just an old lady trying to pass on great deals to other small animal lovers.
you can find her at www.freewebs.com/jennybeade/
Her store is called Furpal palace.

IP Logged

wchua24

I Love PetDiscussion.com

Reply #8 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
once i got a hamster. but he escape from the cage and never to be found again. actually i did found it. but its dead already. i saw it on the basement .

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Pet Discussion Forum

More Pet Forums
Bird Chirp - Horse Talk
Fish Forum - Small Pets - Wild Animals - Pet Stories
Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6 - Page 7 - Pet Discussion Blog
Pets Directory - List your site
Twitter PetDiscusion
Pets Chat Room
Pets News and Tips
Pet Memorials
Online Pet Store - Pet Meds
Yard Forum
My Pet Photos
Pets Blog
Pet Discussion Boards
Advertise
Member Rules - Privacy Policy, Information about PetDiscussion.com
Get your own professional diagnosis, treatment and care options for your pets. Views posted on this forum are for educational purposes and not intended to be expert advice for care of your pets. Opinions of members is not necessarily the views of this forum.