Pet Discussion
Pet Forum - Discuss your pet and pet care with other pet lovers!
More Pet Forums - Bird Chirp - Horse Talk - Pet Discussion Blog
Fish Forum - Small Pets - Wild Animals - Twitter PetDiscussion - Pets Chat
Pet Stories - Online Pet Store - Pets Directory - Pet Memorials

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic eekk! help! (Read 1,790 times)
24_7babysitter

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

eekk! help!
Oct 24th, 2006 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
I originally posted this on craigslist's forum,but no one seemed to want to help today.
Copy and posted from original posts:

Flea powder on carpets. We live in a townhouse and I did the stairs, both rooms upstairs and the hall. I vacuumed and everything. I have the cats in the bathroom with their treat of wet food and the litter box n stuff. Question is, it's toxic.. and I can't prevent them from getting to the stairs if I let them out.. How long until I can let them out of there? (they've been in there 3 hours or so)

Also, it will be longer now... I have a shop vac and I guess Corey didn't put the darn top on right so when I went to take it downstairs to vacuum the rest of the stairs.. the whole mess fell apart. Dust and flea powder so bad I had to clean out my contacts and eyes, and I'm sneezing like crazy...
Thank you so much!

IP Logged

Tempest
Forum Administrator

There is none more important
than another.

Re: eekk! help!
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2006 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
What does the product packaging say about allowing animals to reenter the treated area?  I'm sure that information must be on the label somewhere.

If you're not certain, leave the cats in the bathroom overnight until you can speak with your vet in the morning.  Make sure you have the product in hand when you speak to your vet so you can tell him/her the names of the ingredients.  There are also animal poison control centers you can call for this sort of information.  Do a Google search to find the phone numbers.

Better safe than sorry.

Tempest

IP Logged

24_7babysitter

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Oct 25th, 2006 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Unfortunately the label didn't say and neither did their website. I finally let them out last night about 11, after I got on my hands and knees and sniffed the carpet to see if I could still smell it. lol
Also unfortunately, we have no vet. I do childcare and I'm owed 1100 dollars by parents (only 2 sets, 700 and 400)and have no kids right now!
Now that I think about it... I did call them for advice a few months ago.... A vet that my parents used all my life for our animals.. very sweet, small town place... If I ever have a problem like this again (hopefully I won't lol) I could call them...

Thank you for your swift answer. I actually let them out right before I read this lol. I had been trying to post for answers since about 4 hours before so I was antsy, and my babies kept cryign and crying Sad
Again thank you & I always have tons of questions for my little rugrats.. little turds I call 'em lol. Esmeralda and Aurora are sisters, age 26 weeks.
They have their very own photo albums online lol, since I work at home and with a digital camera can take as many as I want. Since I can't seem to attach a picture here..
www.myprettykitties.myphotoalbum.com

Thank you Tempest!

IP Logged

LadyDarya

Reply #3 - Oct 25th, 2006 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
You know, I use an organic flea killer on my carpets and furniture and don't have to remove the babies at all.  I got it at a specialty animal shop and asked for a non-toxic specifically.  I'll get the name of it and post it tomorrow for you.  It work's great and doesn't bother the babies or me.

You have 3 grandchildren, it's not my fault they have 4 legs and a tail!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Pet Discussion Forum

More Pet Forums
Bird Chirp - Horse Talk
Fish Forum - Small Pets - Wild Animals - Pet Stories
Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6 - Page 7 - Pet Discussion Blog
Pets Directory - List your site
Twitter PetDiscusion
Pets Chat Room
Pets News and Tips
Pet Memorials
Online Pet Store - Pet Meds
Yard Forum
My Pet Photos
Pets Blog
Pet Discussion Boards
Advertise
Member Rules - Privacy Policy, Information about PetDiscussion.com
Get your own professional diagnosis, treatment and care options for your pets. Views posted on this forum are for educational purposes and not intended to be expert advice for care of your pets. Opinions of members is not necessarily the views of this forum.