Treat your pet to Omaha Steaks Pet Treats!

Pet Discussion
Pet Forum - Discuss your pet and pet care with other pet lovers!
More Pet Forums - Bird Chirp - Horse Talk - Pet Discussion Blog
Fish Forum - Small Pets - Wild Animals - Twitter PetDiscussion - Pets Chat
Pet Stories - Online Pet Store - Pets Directory - Pet Memorials

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Love Bird Lovers (Read 20,356 times)
Bibi
Ex Member

Re: Love Bird Lovers
Reply #15 - Apr 15th, 2007 at 8:38am
Print Post  
Tiffer, don't get in a tiff (maybe a little pun intended but not to make fun of you, just to liven things up a bit) because somebody does not agree with you.  It's OK if you don't want to post any more on the subject of clipping and you are right that most people don't keep birds the way they should but this is precisely why these forums were created: for people to ask, offer their opinion and, ultimately, learn better ways of keeping their animals.

IP Logged

Tiffer1981
God Member

Reply #16 - Apr 15th, 2007 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
Not in a "tiff" (and yeah, nice pun).  Just saying we both OBVIOUSLY disagree on this issue, and we've talked about that, but now we're repeating ourselves over and over, and there's no point to that (what a run-on sentence, eh?).  So I thought I'd explain that I would quit posting on this, but I wanted you to understand it wasn't because: I'm mad, I had a change of opinion, etc....I just don't think it does any good to keep arguing in circles.

AIM  
IP Logged

rohan

I Love PetDiscussion.com

Reply #17 - Oct 26th, 2008 at 7:54am
Print Post  
I'd like to share about the lovebirds at my aunt's place. She has two lovebirds, a male and a female. When the family sings, the birds begin to sing with them. This is a daily ritual. The funniest part is when the male goes of-tune, the female lovebird starts pecking and scolding him(or so it seems to us) and once she's done, they join in the singing again. Its hilarious to watch. They're so adorable.
----------
Pet Tips
http://FreePetTips.com

IP Logged

bensonbarton
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 5:22am
Print Post  
i love bird as well, moveover i also love dog, cat , pig......i 'm so philanthropic Wink

IP Logged

PETANIM.com

I Love my pets!

Reply #19 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Always buy your bird as a chick. This will help the bird get used to you as long as you touch it, hold it, and get it used to having human contact. They will need a very large pen and a shelter that will protect them from predators.

http://www.petanim.com/10014/msutton/emu-pet/

IP Logged

AlvinCampbell

I Love my pets!

Reply #20 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 7:47am
Print Post  
Wonderful article. Lovebirds have long fascinated people both in the wild and in captivity. Their tendency to sit in pairs mutually preening each other led to genus name Aragornís, which comes from the Greek agape and ornis. The French call them 'les inseparables', or the inseparables, a further testament to their affectionate nature. While affection between compatible pairs can be a joy to watch, lovebirds can be quite territorial and will defend their nest and living space against other lovebirds of the same or different species. Understanding their basic nature will help pet owners and breeders create the most harmonious home possible for these delightful birds. Thanks for sharing.

IP Logged

weakqueen99

I Love my pets!

Reply #21 - Jun 11th, 2011 at 4:50am
Print Post  
hih, I love Bird, too. That's funny when can listen and look care it. Embarrassed
This is picture about it.

IP Logged

AlvinCampbell

I Love my pets!

Reply #22 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 4:57am
Print Post  
Nice post. I like so much love bird. They do best if fed small frequent meals throughout the day rather than one large meal. I will regularly bookmark of your website. The wings don't move the lungs and air-sacs are not being used to their full potential.  Any organ that it's not used properly will atrophy.  An atrophied organ is an organ prone to infections. Thanks for nice information.

IP Logged

miah

I Love my pets!

Reply #23 - Sep 7th, 2011 at 7:10am
Print Post  
As everyone knows love birds are beautiful birds,it took some time to make connection between you and your bird but when connection is made they are no more feel scared and loves to cuddle with you. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Pet Discussion Forum

More Pet Forums
Bird Chirp - Horse Talk
Fish Forum - Small Pets - Wild Animals - Pet Stories
Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6 - Page 7 - Pet Discussion Blog
Pets Directory - List your site
Twitter PetDiscusion
Pets Chat Room
Pets News and Tips
Pet Memorials
Online Pet Store - Pet Meds
Yard Forum
My Pet Photos
Pets Blog
Pet Discussion Boards
Advertise
Member Rules - Privacy Policy, Information about PetDiscussion.com
Get your own professional diagnosis, treatment and care options for your pets. Views posted on this forum are for educational purposes and not intended to be expert advice for care of your pets. Opinions of members is not necessarily the views of this forum.